The Beginning of Sill's Motor Sales
The Beginning of Sill's Motor Sales in the 1920's Herman Sill bought an Indian delivery bike (a Dispatch-Tow) and was a courier in the streets of downtown Cleveland. These units were not known for their reliability, but Herman was a very good mechanic and kept his unit up and running. Soon, other couriers were asking Herman to work on their Indian's, so he kept doing more and more mechanical work. One day, when he was at the area distributor, a fellow suggested that Herman become an authorized dealer, to make more profit on selling the parts that he was using for repairs. He thought it over, and hence Sill's Motor Sales was formed! The original location was 3141 and 3145 Superior Ave., Cleveland. The building is still in existence and is known as Auto Diesel Piston Rings Co.